You'll notice the title of my post is about folder size, not file size.
I think anybody with 1 hour of Windows use knows about Details View and sorting by size.
And what happens when you want to sort Folders? Right click, Properties to see the size of each one? What if you have 10,000 folders? Do you see how absurd this system is? I wonder what system administrators do, what program they use? Because nobody
in their right mind would use Windows Explorer like that. They'd spend all day just organizing by size if they had a lot of folders. And many of us do.
A good File Manager would be able to sort both folder and file sizes in Details. But unfortunately Windows Explorer lacks this most basic feature. Hence my post looking for a program that organizes things with a grain of intelligence.
TreeSize organizes by size quite well but, because the designers of that have chosen to use a different layout and options than Windows Explorer it takes a while to get used to. Now you'd have to ask them why they would purposely make it different from
the most widely used File Manager on the planet. Ego? Pride? Who knows? Logic and tech proficiency live on worlds far from each other.
Another option I've found is Total Commander but this is way more bizarre in its layout and function than TreeSize. There must be good programs out there better than TreeSize. That's why I made this post: To find them.