A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state.

Anonymous
2012-10-29T18:24:53+00:00

When I'm using my computer running Windows 8 Pro x64 randomly all of the USB's will freeze up, yet the PC will still run fine. Then they will all come back online a little while later. 

By online my WiFi adapter doesn't seem to re-initiate.

Checking the events log I see a flurry of the following error.

"A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state."

Thanks,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-12T17:34:51+00:00

Those of you with USB WiFi adapters based on Atheros AR9271 chips (TP-Link WN722N, Netgear WNA1100 etc.) might want to try this.

I found a driver in the windows update catalog that is newer (version 2.0.0.49) than the one offered by windows update (2.0.0.32) that seems to have cured all the WiFi drops I was getting under heavy network load.

Atheros AR9271 Driver x64

You'll have to extract the .cab(inet) archive and then do a manual driver install (right click the adapter in device manager, update drivers and then pick the location manually, point it to where you unpacked the driver, from the 'have disk' dialog)

I have been running this for over a month and have not had any network specific drops since. Now, if I could only find a fix for the joystick drops in FSX...sigh

Notice, this is the 64bit driver, I cannot comment on the x86 driver one way or the other.

Also, if you are already running version 2.0.0.49 of the driver and still have problems, obviously this won't help you.

Hope this helps someone, best of luck.

Much thanks,this REALLY helps on tplink W822N

Problem solved~~~

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-18T19:56:45+00:00

    Hi, I have the same problem.

    Asus formula IV motherboar

    AMD 1075 processor.

    Evething restart except a wireless adaptor a MSI US300EX .

    I.ve done a system restoration to the day before the erro appears i hope it help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-17T20:10:15+00:00

    Hi All,

    I have very similar issue:

    Log Name: System

    Source: usbehci

    Date: 2012-11-17 20:52:11

    Event ID: 4

    Task Category: None

    Level: Error

    Keywords: Classic

    User: N/A

    Computer: Computer

    Description:

    A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Interrupt on Async Advance Doorbell response.

    I found that this error is mostly followed or preceded by:

    Log Name: System

    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig

    Date: 2012-11-17 20:52:20

    Event ID: 10000

    Task Category: None

    Level: Error

    Keywords:

    User: SYSTEM

    Computer: Computer

    Description:

    WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

    Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athExt.dll

    Error Code: 126

    What kind/model of Wi-Fi adapter do you use...??

    BR,

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-02T14:56:26+00:00

    I seem to have the same issue ever since I installed Windows 8 x64 Enterprise Edition.

    Log Name:      System

    Source:        usbehci

    Date:          02-11-2012 20:20:45

    Event ID:      4

    Task Category: None

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:      Classic

    User:          N/A

    Description:

    A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Interrupt on Async Advance Doorbell response.

    Every USB component gets reinitialized. Its starting to bother me now. I tried searching for a hotfix but there are none so far ( I guess).

    Any resolution is greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments