I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
I just wanted to thank you for this and tell how to actually uninstall this since I didn't find it readily at hand. Some others might have found it right away but it took me a good 30 minutes and I want to save people that much time. You will need to go to the drive where your windows is installed (C:\ in this example) .
Once in C:\ find Program Files (x86) (This might be Program Files depending on your install)
Inside here there should be a GIGABYTE folder, open it and you should see ONOFFCharge, open this too.
then double-click the uninstall.rgy.
You may be prompted to give administrator rights, click yes.
Then it will ask if you are sure you want to apply this to your registry, say yes.
NOTE: if this doesn't resolve your issue, repeate in Program Files if you also have the Program Files (x86).
MAKING IT EASY
C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ONOFFCharge
paste the above in the file explorer navigation bar (click then paste)
Double click uninstall.rgy and answer yes or the like to prompts.
CHEERS
Thanks men !! you fixed my problème thanks again !
JUST installed Windows 10, and this fixed still worked, going from 7 to 10 with that upgrade.
I had this problem with my new Window 10 install. It was fixed by uninstalling the ON/OFF program (programs are called Apps now in win10) as advised but at first I could not find the program. Had to use "gigabyte" as a search term to find it.