page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys) error

Anonymous
2012-10-28T08:17:49+00:00

Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".

I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a  lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-10-28T11:48:54+00:00

I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

I hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T07:28:03+00:00

    I run Gigabyte but after a reset windows 10 will not let me in to uninstall on off

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-05T21:05:42+00:00

    Hey guys,

    you're awesome!

    This Gigabyte onoff stuff s.... I've uninstalled zhis and averything is running fine!!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-04T23:50:59+00:00

    Had same problem in Windows 10 and fixed it by uninstallin that on/off charger program. Tnx a lot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-03T18:38:56+00:00

    Deleting files is not enough. You have to uninstall with the installation CD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments