I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
Thank you sooo much!
I was able to resolve the issue by going to Programs and Feature > and uninstalling the version of 'ON_OFF Charge' that I had.
Than I went to the GIGABYTE drivers download page and installed the most current version (version: b15.0709.1) which now works and I can shutdown my PC with no issues! Note this software allows us to charge our Ipads/Iphones 40% faster. See this faq page
Did as suggested. Found two (2) applecharger refs in autorun and deleted them (had to do it as an administrator). Did the shutdown (several times so far) and no change. When I try to restart I run into the same message "Page fault in non page area".
It is easier just to shut down and then restart.
By the way I have solved the endless start and restart problem. I got my computer to recognizes my CD/DVD drive. I installed dataplex (don't know if it speeds thigns up yet) and corrected a few other problems. The question - am I better off in Win 10 than in Win 7 64? This has been fun??
After upgrading to windows 10 I am getting this message when I try to restart I deleted the On/Off program but I still get the message. I am trying to figure out how to determine if there are other versions of this program installed. But the new search system has me stymied.