page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys) error

Anonymous
2012-10-28T08:17:49+00:00

Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".

I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a  lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-10-28T11:48:54+00:00

I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

I hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-04T02:33:33+00:00

    Thanks Kay.  This was the solution to my problem too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-27T18:40:22+00:00

    This is in Windows 10!  Used the suggestion: uninstall On/Off but then also had to go into Windows\system32 & manually delete AppleCharger.sys.  Then was able to do Restart AND also solved my Windows 10 problem of never shutting down automatically.  As of now all solved.  Thanks/Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-26T23:21:11+00:00

    I wonder how you could access any menu since the screen is all blue with no way to see anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-24T05:43:12+00:00

    Great stuff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments