page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys) error

Anonymous
2012-10-28T08:17:49+00:00

Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".

I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a  lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-10-28T11:48:54+00:00

I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

I hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-26T13:57:04+00:00

    After upgrading to windows 10 I am getting this message when I try to restart  I deleted the On/Off program but I still get the message.  I am trying to figure out how to determine if there are other versions of this program installed.   But the new search system has me stymied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-23T16:24:41+00:00

    It's definitely the On/Off utility. It's been driving me crazy because I couldn't shut down or restart without a crash. I would have to shut down, wait till my display said it was disconnected then turn off my power supply to restart or shut down. Got rid of the On/Off utility and everything works perfectly now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T16:30:27+00:00

    this fixed my page fault problem also thanks so much for the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-19T00:43:46+00:00

    I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

    ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

    I hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments