I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
It worked, It worked! Thanks
It worked, It worked! Thanks
Yep, uninstalling that "On/Off" program also fixed this error message and restarting problem for Windows 10.... Excellent.
try deleting it by using the uninstall program feature. doing it manually might have left a few things behind. just a thought.
Tried both manual and using the uninstall. It worked for a short time and then started up again after the last patch. Can't find that Gigabyte or ONOff anywhere on the system - but getting the page fault in non paged area apple charger.sys error and the computer won't turn off unless I use the power bar switch. System just doesn't want to stop running until it crashes...