I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
Deleting files is not enough. You have to uninstall with the installation CD.
try deleting it by using the uninstall program feature. doing it manually might have left a few things behind. just a thought.
Thanks, solved it for me :-)
Hello,
I deleted the 2 folders manually Gigabyte onoff charger (applecharger.sys) and i still have the same issue on windows 10. i can only turn off the computer successfully with the switch button only.
Otherwise it always restart my computer showing the error applecharger.sys error !!
Microsoft can you find a fix to this issue please? Maybe an automatic fix? it would be great?
Thank you.