I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
thanks thanks thanks, this fixed all of my error messages and allowed me to shut down my computer!!! ON/OFF removal worked for me. Before I was getting that apple error and my computer kept rebooting after being shut down!!
Hi
I had the same problem, followed the same procedure as DEG100 and it worked properly. Thank you all!
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
Thanks, your recommendation fixed the problem. I searched my computer for Gigabyte found two folders with ONOFF that contained several versions of AppleCharger.sys. Ran the uninstall program in both folders, did a forced shutdown with my computers on button and then started my computer. My computer shutdowns properly.
Me too. The same error message appears when I restart the computer.
When I try to shut down the computer it doesn't shut down. It instead restarts and a message appears saying that the computer did not shut down properly :(