page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys) error

Anonymous
2012-10-28T08:17:49+00:00

Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".

I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a  lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-10-28T11:48:54+00:00

I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

I hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-29T16:56:01+00:00

    I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

    ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

    I hope that helps.

    thanks thanks thanks, this fixed all of my error messages and allowed me to shut down my computer!!!   ON/OFF removal worked for me.  Before I was getting that apple error and my computer kept rebooting after being shut down!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-02T22:34:55+00:00

    Hi

    I had the same problem, followed the same procedure as DEG100 and it worked properly. Thank you all!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-10-28T15:16:38+00:00

    I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

    ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

    I hope that helps.

    Thanks, your recommendation fixed the problem.  I searched my computer for Gigabyte found two folders with ONOFF that contained several versions of AppleCharger.sys.  Ran the uninstall program in both folders, did a forced shutdown with my computers on button and then started my computer.  My computer shutdowns properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-10-28T11:11:44+00:00

    Me too. The same error message appears when I restart the computer.

    When I try to shut down the computer it doesn't shut down. It instead restarts and a message appears saying that the computer did not shut down properly :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments