How do I re-index Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail under Win 7?

Anonymous
2012-07-26T23:39:50+00:00

I paid Microsoft to have a Microsoft Tech fix my Live Mail,  and it still has lost its links to messages in the Storage folders.  The Microsoft Tech link does not work.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-04T10:26:14+00:00

    Obviously, there was no effect on the problem with which this question is concerned, and for which you wrote a procedure which purports to provide a solution. There was no effect on the problem that WML may display a message in the reading pane which does not match the header in the list of messages. Obviously.

    Do you have a solution which has an effect?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-08T06:58:25+00:00

    Hello,

    Before I escalate your issue to our higher support analysts, kindly provide as the log files for us to provide you a quick and a better resolution regarding this issue. Instructions are within the private message area. Just click the red link You have a private reply to this message located above your post.

    You need to login/signed in to this post forum for you to view the link. Kindly confirm here in the public forum once you've provided the needed information.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-20T10:58:24+00:00

    OK, so now that I have the same issue, where is the solution..?

    Issue: Within Storage folders,

    Messages Headers are no longer associated with their message files (though present).

    when a message is selected the reading pane has a message: Message Cannot be found. The content of this message cannot be found.

    If the a message is attempted to be opened, Error dialogue box:

    A problem occurred while trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please try again.

    How can I rebuild the message database so these messages (which are present) can actually be read by Windows Live Mail..?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-22T05:08:12+00:00

    Hi Billy,

    Have you tried the solution provided by Noel on the above post? if not, please try do so. If you encountered the same error message after following the steps above, don't hesitate to reply back to this post.

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T19:09:31+00:00

    The storage folder show the subjects of the messages,  but when I click on a subject,  it does not take me to that message body,

     

    For example,  I may have a dozen messages in a folder,  but when I click on each message,  Live Mail will only take me to one nessage from all of the listed messages.  All links seem to be to only one of the  messages,  even though there were a dozen messages put into the folder over several years.

    I am having the same issue and need help ASAP.  I backed up my windows live mail 2011, by exporting the emails, older version from a year ago.  I reloaded windows on my computer then downloaded windows live essentials and installed windows live mail 2011.  Imported messages and about 1/2 of the messages are doing what is described above.  I tried the suggested solution on this page twice, with no change?

    Can someone please help.

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments