How do I re-index Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail under Win 7?

Anonymous
2012-07-26T23:39:50+00:00

I paid Microsoft to have a Microsoft Tech fix my Live Mail,  and it still has lost its links to messages in the Storage folders.  The Microsoft Tech link does not work.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-29T01:32:56+00:00

    Any news I uploaded the info you requests.  Please let me know, I really want to get this fixed.

    thanks again in advance.

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-23T21:01:34+00:00

    Hi,

    I have responded to the private message. Please sign in to this forum to be able to see it.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-16T19:00:35+00:00

    First I also want you to know these emails go back 10 years and some were brought over from outlook express into windows live mail a year ago.  When I imported my messages from my export file from outlook express to Windows live mail back then, not all messages imported it seemed (not viewable), then like a month later they suddenly appeared?  I don't know if this is relevant or not.

    So everything was fine, then my current computer started acting weird so I backed up my files and told the computer to go back to original windows load.  When that completed I down loaded windows live essentials and just loaded the windows live mail 2011 to import my email messages.

    This seemed to work fine all folders were there, unlike when I imported from express mail, so things were looking good.

    I did notice under the Storage folder tab, that there were multiple imported, deleted inbox etc. folders from the last export and the one before I think, that were not nesseccary or duplicates. 

    So I dragged and dropped all the folders that were under the last imported folder into the top imported folder to eliminate the duplicates that were now all at the bottom of the list of folders.  It was either just before this or just after this that I noticed about half of the folders were corrupt.  (top half of the folders were fine, folders about half way down the folder list was where the problem started about half way down and from that point and all the way to the bottom all were showing the same body in the emails, all other folders above, showed the correct info in the body of the email.  All subjects lines and date info seemed good in all folders)

    That is when I tried to create the new folder under storage folders that you will see in the screen shots named "1Quailtest".  When I moved the email to this folder, the body went from duplicated content to the current "message cannot be found".  I moved the email from the folder directly below the test folder "Quail".

    Just noticed that now some of the folders above that were fine at import have gone to where the body of the email is the same as the top or first email in the folder, so all email bodies on each folder have the same message body.  I have the software set to compact the data base every 1 day, so I am guessing this happened on one of those compactions.

    I would really appreciate some help, thinking of moving to Firebird at this point, I can't figure out wlm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-16T13:46:56+00:00

    Hi,

    We're sorry for the inconvenience. We would like to know where exactly did you create a new folder. I have simulated the issue on my end. I've created a new folder under the Storage folder in the left pane. I transferred a message from a folder to the new folder I have created.

    At first when I tried to open the folder it showed "message can not be found". I was thinking may I just didn't properly move the message, so I tried moving a message again to the new folder. When I opened the folder, it showed the message. If this is not the same issue you are referring to, please let us know.

    I have sent you a screenshot. Please check by signing in to this forum. Just click the red link You have a private reply to this messagelocated above your post.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T15:39:15+00:00

    Still having the problem, but this is new.  I use the storage folders to organize my email.  I received a message that I then put into a storage file that was corrupt as described above.  The new mail then had the same content as the other messages in that folder.  So I thought, maybe it is just the folder that is corrupt, so I made a new folder and transferred the email fom the old folder to the new.  Now all of the messages that all seemed to be pointing to the same email now show "message can not be found"  Even in the other folders I didn't touch.  The folders that were working properly did not change and are fine.

    Any Help would be appreciated very much.

    thanks,

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments