How do I re-index Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail under Win 7?

Anonymous
2012-07-26T23:39:50+00:00

I paid Microsoft to have a Microsoft Tech fix my Live Mail,  and it still has lost its links to messages in the Storage folders.  The Microsoft Tech link does not work.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-22T13:23:50+00:00

    So I dragged and dropped all the folders that were under the last imported folder into the top imported folder to eliminate the duplicates that were now all at the bottom of the list of folders.  It was either just before this or just after this that I noticed about half of the folders were corrupt.  (top half of the folders were fine, folders about half way down the folder list was where the problem started about half way down and from that point and all the way to the bottom all were showing the same body in the emails, all other folders above, showed the correct info in the body of the email.  All subjects lines and date info seemed good in all folders)That is when I tried to create the new folder under storage folders that you will see in the screen shots named "1Quailtest".  When I moved the email to this folder, the body went from duplicated content to the current "message cannot be found".  I moved the email from the folder directly below the test folder "Quail".

    ****

    C:\Users\Tonyzion\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders\Imported Folder\Storage folders\Imported Folder\Storage folders\Imported Folder\Local Folders\Investment  5f7\7462 S Quai f35

    There are roughly 190 characters in that location.  The maximum characters that can be used is 255.

    If a compaction does not fix this problem, then you need to manually rebuild the corrupt folder.

    Find a corrupt folder in WLMail.

    Create a new folder in WLMail.

    Locate the emails in Windows Explorer.

    Drag the emails from Windows Explorer to the new WLMail folder.

    If the emails are ok in the new folder, delete the old folder in WLMail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-22T00:48:39+00:00

    Hi tsanfilippo,

    We apologize for the late response. This issue is still escalated to our Escalation Engineers. We appreciate your patience, we will post back once an update is available.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-20T14:51:19+00:00

    Ok, can someone please help.  Waiting weeks for each reply really slows this process down.  It is driving me crazy the problems I am having with Windows live mail, email export / import indexing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-14T16:35:43+00:00

    Here is another location I found an email that won't show in windows live mail, But I can find on my computer?

    C:\Users\Tonyzion\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders\Investment  5f7\Rentals\Quail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-14T15:35:50+00:00

    I didn't really understand your reply.  I went to C:\Users\Tonyzion\AppData\Local\Microsoft and found a subfolder named windows live mail . I changed that one to .old and opened windows live mail and it came up Like I just installed it.  no accounts, no emails etc.  so I went back deleted the new folder WLM created called windows live mail in that location.  Changed the old foler back to windows live mail and it is back to normal - Broken.  most of my store folder emails still show, "

    Message cannot be found

    The contents of this message cannot be found.

    Windows Live Mail"

    Even though the email date, subject info is all still intact and look good in each folder in my store folders.

    I Did a search on c: drive on one specific email that gave the above error by searching on the subject text, and the search tool found the email.   I can open it and it looks right.  Clicked on properties and file said it was in this location.

    C:\Users\Tonyzion\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders\Imported Folder\Storage folders\Imported Folder\Storage folders\Imported Folder\Local Folders\Investment  5f7\7462 S Quai f35

    How do I get These email back to the right folder?  What folder should they be located in?  This must have happend on import

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments