How do I re-index Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail under Win 7?

Anonymous
2012-07-26T23:39:50+00:00

I paid Microsoft to have a Microsoft Tech fix my Live Mail,  and it still has lost its links to messages in the Storage folders.  The Microsoft Tech link does not work.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T15:39:15+00:00

    Still having the problem, but this is new.  I use the storage folders to organize my email.  I received a message that I then put into a storage file that was corrupt as described above.  The new mail then had the same content as the other messages in that folder.  So I thought, maybe it is just the folder that is corrupt, so I made a new folder and transferred the email fom the old folder to the new.  Now all of the messages that all seemed to be pointing to the same email now show "message can not be found"  Even in the other folders I didn't touch.  The folders that were working properly did not change and are fine.

    Any Help would be appreciated very much.

    thanks,

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T21:49:44+00:00

    Here is what it is doing,

    The storage folder show the subjects of the messages,  but when I click on a subject,  it does not take me to that message body,

    For example,  I may have a dozen messages in a folder,  but when I click on each message,  Live Mail will only take me to one nessage from all of the listed messages.  All links seem to be to only one of the  messages,  even though there were a dozen messages put into the folder over several years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T20:42:46+00:00

    I am having the same issue and need help ASAP.  I backed up my windows live mail 2011, by exporting the emails, older version from a year ago.  I reloaded windows on my computer then downloaded windows live essentials and installed windows live mail 2011.  Imported messages and about 1/2 of the messages are doing what is described above.  I tried the suggested solution on this page twice, with no change?

    Can someone please help.

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T19:09:31+00:00

    The storage folder show the subjects of the messages,  but when I click on a subject,  it does not take me to that message body,

     

    For example,  I may have a dozen messages in a folder,  but when I click on each message,  Live Mail will only take me to one nessage from all of the listed messages.  All links seem to be to only one of the  messages,  even though there were a dozen messages put into the folder over several years.

    I am having the same issue and need help ASAP.  I backed up my windows live mail 2011, by exporting the emails, older version from a year ago.  I reloaded windows on my computer then downloaded windows live essentials and installed windows live mail 2011.  Imported messages and about 1/2 of the messages are doing what is described above.  I tried the suggested solution on this page twice, with no change?

    Can someone please help.

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-22T05:08:12+00:00

    Hi Billy,

    Have you tried the solution provided by Noel on the above post? if not, please try do so. If you encountered the same error message after following the steps above, don't hesitate to reply back to this post.

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments