Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-21T16:15:03+00:00

    Hi katies__803,

     

    When you said that you are experiencing the same issues, are you saying that you are getting the same exact error message just like what the other customers on this thread is getting or are there any other error message you are encountering? If so, please provide the complete message on your next reply.

     

    Before the issue occur, what was the last activity you did on your Windows Live Mail or computer that might have caused it?

     

    Have you already tried the different troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If not, I recommed to please do so. Among these are:

     

    A. Updating Windows. Please refer to this article.

     

    B. Repairing Live Mail.

     

    To repair the said application, please follow these steps:

     

    1. Click the Pearl button then go to Control Panel.
    2. Then choose Programs and Features, please double click on the Windows Live Essentials among the programs you have on your computer.
    3. A pop window will appear for Uninstall or repair Windows Live programs.
    4. Then choose Windows Live Mail from the Windows Live programs that is available on your computer by checking the box.
    5. Follow the next instructions until the repair is done.

    Note: Please restart your computer for the changes to take effect.   

     

    C. If you are using a lower version of Live Mail, you can download its latest version through this link.

     

    In line with this, you can also read the information provided in these articles which gives details about how to resolve synchronization errors in Live Mail:

     

    How can I solve synchronization, send and receive email errors in Windows Live Mail

    How can I resolve software configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

     

    Thank you.

    With my experience I did not actually find a malware or virus I had installed PureBasic programming language and wanted to to view a file that was hidden so tried to unhide it I remember struggling to find the file and was not happy with the setup so restored the system to a few days earlier, once the system had been restored that was when the error message started to appear.  Slowly over the next few weeks windows seemed to deteriorate but in no particular pattern, icons not appearing on the task bar and Internet Explorer locking up after a restart.  That was when I decided to reset to the factory settings.  I have since restored all my mail after copying it to a hard drive I had also backed up my contacts.  I have now restored my programs that I wanted to keep and have not seen anymore problems.  I may have messed up some settings when I was looking for the hidden file but I can't quite remember what I did all I know was that I was unhappy with the setup so did a restore.  I have since reloaded PureBasic and have seen no problems so do not think that program had anything to do with the issue.

    I tried repairing Live Mail and reinstalled windows Live Essentials a few times before restoring to the factory settings.

    I hope this helps.

    Mike.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-10T12:51:50+00:00

    Hi katies__803,

     

    When you said that you are experiencing the same issues, are you saying that you are getting the same exact error message just like what the other customers on this thread is getting or are there any other error message you are encountering? If so, please provide the complete message on your next reply.

     

    Before the issue occur, what was the last activity you did on your Windows Live Mail or computer that might have caused it?

     

    Have you already tried the different troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If not, I recommed to please do so. Among these are:

     

    A. Updating Windows. Please refer to this article.

     

    B. Repairing Live Mail.

     

    To repair the said application, please follow these steps:

     

    1. Click the Pearl button then go to Control Panel.
    2. Then choose Programs and Features, please double click on the Windows Live Essentials among the programs you have on your computer.
    3. A pop window will appear for Uninstall or repair Windows Live programs.
    4. Then choose Windows Live Mail from the Windows Live programs that is available on your computer by checking the box.
    5. Follow the next instructions until the repair is done.

    Note: Please restart your computer for the changes to take effect.   

     

    C. If you are using a lower version of Live Mail, you can download its latest version through this link.

     

    In line with this, you can also read the information provided in these articles which gives details about how to resolve synchronization errors in Live Mail:

     

    How can I solve synchronization, send and receive email errors in Windows Live Mail

    How can I resolve software configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

     

    Thank you.

    With my experience I did not actually find a malware or virus I had installed PureBasic programming language and wanted to to view a file that was hidden so tried to unhide it I remember struggling to find the file and was not happy with the setup so restored the system to a few days earlier, once the system had been restored that was when the error message started to appear.  Slowly over the next few weeks windows seemed to deteriorate but in no particular pattern, icons not appearing on the task bar and Internet Explorer locking up after a restart.  That was when I decided to reset to the factory settings.  I have since restored all my mail after copying it to a hard drive I had also backed up my contacts.  I have now restored my programs that I wanted to keep and have not seen anymore problems.  I may have messed up some settings when I was looking for the hidden file but I can't quite remember what I did all I know was that I was unhappy with the setup so did a restore.  I have since reloaded PureBasic and have seen no problems so do not think that program had anything to do with the issue.

     

    I tried repairing Live Mail and reinstalled windows Live Essentials a few times before restoring to the factory settings.

     

    I hope this helps.

     

    Mike. 

    Hi,

    I have the same error and had malware removed. Checked my computer with Microsoft Essentials and other programs like 7 times and found nothing; everything seems to be working except Windows Live.  Mail. I also did the repair steps, but no new result.

    If I reinstall Windows Live Mail do I loose my emails?

    I have had troubles to restore mails from previous years which took me several days to repair so I do not want to loose the work and the mails imported since.

    Can I backup my mails even though I cannot open Windows Live Mail?

    Thanks for your help.

    Hubert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-10T18:52:24+00:00

    Hello Hubert,

    Thank you fo your post. Before we provide necessary troubleshooting steps, we would like to verify if you are also getting exact error message and error code in Windows Live Mail. If you need to reinstall Windows Live Mail, you need to back up your files to prevent from losing them. See How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?.

    I've provided the link below for the steps on how to uninstall Windows Essentials:

    How do I uninstall one or more Windows Essentials programs?

    To install the latest version of Windows Essentials, visit the following Microsoft website:

    Windows Essentials

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-10T18:55:02+00:00

    Hello Mike,

    Thank you for the information. For further investigation, we would like to ask log files from you. This will help us diagnose critical errors in Windows Live Mail. You may refer to the link below for the steps:

    **How can I collect log files from Windows Live Mail**

    Upload the log files on the private message area that I've enabled for you. Make sure that you sign in to Microsoft Community forum and click the You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section link to access it. If you have further questions, please let us know.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T03:20:44+00:00

    Hi Helene_C:

    I cannot open Windows Live Mail so I cannot export or backup anything from within Windows Live Mail

    Is there an external file (like the Outlook .pst file) that I can copy to a safe location and then reinstall Windows Live Mail?

    Will reinstalling Windows Live Mail wipe out all data?

    Here you can see an image of the error message I am constantly getting. The only anti-virus I have is Microsoft Essentials which did not pick up OpenCandy and since that entered my pc, things went haywire.

    Thanks for any help.

    Hubert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments