Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-11T16:46:33+00:00

    I have the same problem with the same error code. I have removed windows essential & reinstalled didn't help. also tried to correct errors in windows live email. I have emails in my outbox but can't open windows live email to get to them. Also before that I couldn't send any emails. It didn't give me an error but it just didn't send them. Please help.

    Very Frustrated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-13T15:01:46+00:00

    Hi,

    We understand your concern about having an error code in using Windows Live Mail.  Just to clarify have you tried to access your email account through Hotmail.com or Outlook.com?

    As a workaround, please refer to these articles for information and troubleshooting steps for Windows Live Mail:

    How can I solve synchronization, send and receive email errors in Windows Live Mail?

    How can I resolve software configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

    Kindly let us know the results. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T13:11:08+00:00

    Hi,

     

    I have already escalated this issue to our Support Analyst. We will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution or if we need more information. Your patience is highly appreciated.

     

    Thank you.

    Hi thanks for all the help.  I have now solved the problem by quite drastic actions.  I first did a complete backup of my laptop before restoring the hard disk to the factory settings ie the condition of the computer when I bought it and I can now open Windows Live Mail but of course I have lost my contacts and the mail that was in there.  I saved all the mail and hope to put them back into the correct folder later but am not too concerned right now.  I have restored the programs I need and all is good now. 

    I found that before I reverted back to the factory settings Windows 7 was behaving very strangely Internet explorer would not open after the computer was rebooted it would take 2 or 3 attempts before I could log on, these symtons were also shown with Firefox and Google Chrome.  I also noticed icons on the taskbar would sometimes not appear after a reboot, there were many random problems and messages saying a certain program was not responding eventially programs would open but it was very frustrating.  I never tracked the problem down fully but I have a fully functioning computer now and Windows is stable again, whether it was a virus or not I do know but I will be very selective in what programs I install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-18T22:09:09+00:00

    I am having the exact same issues. I had my computer looked at and the malware was professionally removed, but several programs are still not working. I don't know if I need to take it back to the place where I had the computer fixed or if there are steps that I can take on my own to resolve these issues. I have saved a copy of my windows update log and would like to send it as soon as possible. Several files and programs are not working and I would like to know if I can fix them or if I need to simply reinstall my OS. I am operating Windows 7 64 bit on a Lenovo ideapad laptop. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-20T13:46:49+00:00

    Hi katies__803,

    When you said that you are experiencing the same issues, are you saying that you are getting the same exact error message just like what the other customers on this thread is getting or are there any other error message you are encountering? If so, please provide the complete message on your next reply.

    Before the issue occur, what was the last activity you did on your Windows Live Mail or computer that might have caused it?

    Have you already tried the different troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If not, I recommed to please do so. Among these are:

    A. Updating Windows. Please refer to this article.

    B. Repairing Live Mail.

    To repair the said application, please follow these steps:

    1. Click the Pearl button then go to Control Panel.
    2. Then choose Programs and Features, please double click on the Windows Live Essentials among the programs you have on your computer.
    3. A pop window will appear for Uninstall or repair Windows Live programs.
    4. Then choose Windows Live Mail from the Windows Live programs that is available on your computer by checking the box.
    5. Follow the next instructions until the repair is done.

    Note: Please restart your computer for the changes to take effect.   

    C. If you are using a lower version of Live Mail, you can download its latest version through this link.

    In line with this, you can also read the information provided in these articles which gives details about how to resolve synchronization errors in Live Mail:

    How can I solve synchronization, send and receive email errors in Windows Live Mail

    How can I resolve software configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments