Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-29T03:34:39+00:00

    Hi,

    I replied on the private message. Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum in order for you to view my response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-04T00:38:17+00:00

    Hello.

    sorry if you did not get some of my replies I may have done something wrong.  I have tried a few things suggested by another chap on this forum but still no result.  I will be trying out some other routines next week when I am home (am working away right now) where internet is quicker and I will be able to devote more time into solving the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-07T04:30:10+00:00

    hi

    I also have the same error message

    'Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)'



    I did uninstall / reinstall the window live mail still not working.. ... Look like this is quite common problem for window live mail.. Anyone get updates on solving this problem. Thanks a lot


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-09T00:46:17+00:00

    @ MichaelPageYR,

    Please get back to us for any results so we could address your concern.

    @ andy9749,

    I'm willing to help you with your issue. However, we'll be needing some information from your end so we could investigate and eliminate the possible cause of this issue.

    • Are you using the latest version of Windows Live Mail on your computer? if not, please refer to this **link** and update Live Mail.
    • Is the Antivirus application and Firewall installed on your machine temporarily disabled before running Live Mail?
    • Log files of Live Mail. Instructions are within the private message area on how to do this.

    Note: For security reason, please login to this forum and provide the log files in the private message I've started.

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T05:03:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I have already escalated this issue to our Support Analyst. We will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution or if we need more information. Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments