Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-31T23:23:38+00:00

    Hello,

    As an initial troubleshooting steps, please perform Windows update and install/update the latest version of Antivirus installed on your computer then thoroughly for any malwares and viruses.

    For the meantime, kindly provide as the log files for us to provide you a quick and a better resolution regarding this issue. Instructions are within the private message area. Just click the red link You have a private reply to this message located above your post.

    Please be informed that you need to login/signed in to this post forum for you to view the link.

    Kindly confirm here in the public forum once you've provided the needed information.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-08-02T16:19:01+00:00

    I am having the same error code when I open Windows live mail.  I cant download anything cause it wont open any pop ups or download when I click on download now....HELP!!!....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-06T02:30:26+00:00

    Hi,

    I would like to ask some questions from you to better understand your issue:

    • Aside from the error code that you said you're also getting, did you also receive the same error message?
    • Do you have antivirus installed on your computer?
    • What Windows Live Mail version and operating system are you using?

    If you have an anti-virus installed on your computer, please try to disable or remove it just to be sure that this isn't the reason why you encountered that error code.

    You may also try to repair it. If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, you may follow these steps:

    1. Click on Start button.
    2. Go to Control Panel and click it.
    3. Click on Programs then Programs and Features.
    4. Look for the Windows Live Essentials 2011 program.
    5. Hover your mouse to the Windows Live Essentials 2011 and right-click on it.
    6. Click Uninstall/Change.
    7. Click on Repair all Windows Live Programs.

    If the issue persists, I recommend that you download the latest version of Windows Live Essentials through this link.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-24T08:31:16+00:00

    Hi,

     

    I would like to ask some questions from you to better understand your issue:

    • Aside from the error code that you said you're also getting, did you also receive the same error message?
    • Do you have antivirus installed on your computer?
    • What Windows Live Mail version and operating system are you using?

    If you have an anti-virus installed on your computer, please try to disable or remove it just to be sure that this isn't the reason why you encountered that error code.

     

    You may also try to repair it. If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, you may follow these steps:

     

    1. Click on Start button.
    2. Go to Control Panel and click it.
    3. Click on Programs then Programs and Features.
    4. Look for the Windows Live Essentials 2011 program.
    5. Hover your mouse to the Windows Live Essentials 2011 and right-click on it.
    6. Click Uninstall/Change.
    7. Click on Repair all Windows Live Programs.

     

    If the issue persists, I recommend that you download the latest version of Windows Live Essentials through this link.

     

    Thanks!

    Hi I have tried all of the above and I still get the same problem.  One other problem I see although it is not vital is that I cannot change my desktop picture either but not being able to open my email is driving me mad I have been trying to rectify the problem for 2 days now.  Is there anything else I can try????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T07:08:50+00:00

    Hello MichaelPageYR,

    Please provide as the log files for us to provide you a quick and a better resolution regarding this issue. Instructions are within the private message area on how to do this. You need to login/signed in to this forum for you to view the link.

    With regard to your other concern (cannot change my desktop picture), please post your concern on this **link**. Windows moderators are the best team who can provide you the appropriate resolution.

    Note: Notify us here in the public forum once the needed information has been provided.

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments