Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-18T16:45:57+00:00

    I set up email accounts - ... - It syncs the first time then stops working again and get same error

    "Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open"

    This doesn't make sense. If the program will not open and you see error code 0x800C0155,2, how can you set up accounts and have them sync?

    Perhaps you'd better use the Ask the community option to start your own thread about your own problem. When you do, please give the program build, your version of Windows and the complete text of any error message you see.

    • To find your program version and build, in Windows Live Mail press Alt-F B.
    • To find your operating system, press Windows key + R, type winver into the box and press Enter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments