Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T21:50:57+00:00

    Hi JPS,

    Thank you for participating here. In case the repair process did not work for you, kindly try the other available steps provided on this thread and update us any results.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T22:27:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I am receiving the same error code. Running Windows 8 with Norton internet security.

    I'm running the Live essentials repair at the moment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T13:00:12+00:00

    Hi I finally solved the problem by setting the laptop back to it's factory settings I managed to backup all my mails.  Since I restored my settings I have had no more problem, I was also able to restore my messages and contacts without problems.

    Mike.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T04:36:51+00:00

    Hi,

    I understand that you want to back up your emails in Windows Live Mail but you are getting the error as what on the screenshot. I would like you to read the articles below and carefully follow the instructions provided.

    Cannot open Windows Live Mail

    Windows Live Mail fails to launch - Error: "Unable to open message store" when starting the application

    Once done, please refer to Helene's post for the steps on how to back up your emails in Windows Live Mail.

    Get back to us and let us know if it resolve your issue or you need more assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-11T03:20:44+00:00

    Hi Helene_C:

    I cannot open Windows Live Mail so I cannot export or backup anything from within Windows Live Mail

    Is there an external file (like the Outlook .pst file) that I can copy to a safe location and then reinstall Windows Live Mail?

    Will reinstalling Windows Live Mail wipe out all data?

    Here you can see an image of the error message I am constantly getting. The only anti-virus I have is Microsoft Essentials which did not pick up OpenCandy and since that entered my pc, things went haywire.

    Thanks for any help.

    Hubert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments