Error code 080004001 when starting Photo Gallery

Anonymous
2012-08-19T20:22:13+00:00

After loading and later repairing Windows Essentials I continue to get an error code of 80004001 when starting Photo Gallery,

It comes up right after the initial Photo Gallery screen appears.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T00:10:31+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    The items that we listed are not located in your Control panel> Program and Features. You can only access those registries if you will open your Windows Registry Editor. It is a database that stores configuration settings of your operating system. Configuring the registry is a very serious task to do and it seems that you are not aware on how to delete the said registries.

    It would be best if you will ask someone who have the knowledge on editing/deleting the registry so they can guide you on how to accomplish that task.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T17:45:51+00:00

    Leonard_Su,

    Looking at DxDiag I can see the items you list,, but I can't find any program in Control Panel>Programs and Features that resemble them.

    Are there registry entries that need to be deleted?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-13T07:10:32+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    Our support specialist already specified several codecs that you can delete. If you are familliar in doing this without messing up your system registry then we request that you proceed in deleting the following registry in your system. These are seeing the following DirectShow Filters that could cause an issue:

    Canon Resizer,0x00200000,1,1,CanonResizer.ax,2.04.0000.0006

    Canon Motion-JPEG Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,CanonMJPEGEncoder.ax,2.04.0000.0004

    Moto Image Decoder Filter,0x00600000,0,0,NPSImgFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001  MainConcept(Muvee

    MPEG Demultiplexer,0x00400001,1,2,muveempgdmx.ax,7.03.0000.36147

    Vorbis Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,OggDS.dll,0.09.0009.0005CyberLink MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,P2GVidEnc.ax,6.00.0001.2226

    Haali Media Splitter (AR),0x00400000,1,1,splitter.ax,1.10.0120.0015

    FunUnify Video Trans Filter,0x00200000,1,1,FunCodecFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001 a nd many more (100s)

    However, if you are not that computer savvy in terms of deleting registry, then it would be best that you have someone who has the knowledge how in terms of doing this. Providing steps in terms of deleting these codecs in the registry are beyond our scope of support as this is more an Operating System related in terms of troubleshooting steps.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T14:15:47+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    Thanks for providing this information. I've already re-escalated this issue. Please keep posted from time to time for any updates.

    Regards!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T02:03:54+00:00

    Gerard_G,

    I first tried creating a new user and then invoking Photo Gallery as the new user. Same error x80004001.

    Then I rebooted into 'Safe Mode with Networking' and invoked Photo Gallery. Same x80004001 error.

    After searching the net for uninstalling codecs articles, all I could find was how to look at the codecs associated with Windows Media Player. I didn't find any there in your list since I was only looking at the video and audio codecs associated with Media Player

    So then I rebooted and uninstalled every Canon program listed under Programs and Features, also any MainConcept, CyberLInk, Haali and Fun*** programs listed. I did not find any Vorbis or Moto in the list.

    I then rebooted again and tried Photo Gallery.  Same x80004001 error.

    If there is anything else you want me to try just let me know.

    Thanks,

    Earl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments