Windows 8 Does not recognize my dvd/bluray drive

Anonymous
2012-11-22T18:35:01+00:00

Specifically my LG Bluray writer which uses which uses cyberlink powerdvd 10 programming cannot seem to recognize my graphics driver.  I was told by LG support that the problem can be solved using the troubleshooter found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116.

The troubleshooter, however, does not work with windows 8.  I am hesitant to mess around the registry unless someone has had this problem and has fixed it.

Can someone please let me know if the windows 7 solution for this problem is the same solution for windows 8?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-04T03:58:10+00:00

    I was having the same problem -- after updating to Windows 10 my Pioneer blu-ray drive was not being recognized.  It was not appearing in Device Manager or anywhere.  As soon as I followed your instructions and rebooted, my blu-ray drive was back and working.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T01:02:41+00:00

    Hey,

    I'm working on Windows 8.1 64-bits and have an external ASUS Blu-ray Writer (SBW-06D2X-U). Did all steps you have been giving guys:

    • added as an administrator in cmd "reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001"
    • added as an administrator in cmd "reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice2 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000002"
    • uninstaled Cyberlink Power2Go7
    • tried https://support.microsoft.com/pl-pl/mats/cd\_dvd\_drive\_problems
    • even desperately tried this way:
    1. Shut down PC.
    2. Physically disconnect the Blu-Ray Drive.
    3. Reboot to Windows with NO Blu-Ray drive.
    4. Shut down PC.
    5. Physically reconnect the Blu-Ray Drive.
    6. Reboot to Windows with Blu-Ray drive.

    still my computer doesn't see the external cd/dvd/br writer/reader.

    Do you have any thoughts :(?

    Regards,

    Solo-ny

    P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T02:03:20+00:00

    Hi,

    Do you see anything called "Initio" listed in Device Manager ?

    Or anything concerning UPPER and LOWER FILTERS at this Registry key...

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

    The filters will be listed on the right side after clinking on the key...

    Anything listed there is a potential problem, but all filters don't cause a problem...only some...

    Deleting the filter will usually fix the problem, but may cause one of your programs to not work properly... You can usually do a Bing or Google search for the file in the filter, and identify which program it goes with...

    Then try updating the program... As a last resort, delete it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T14:31:16+00:00

    Hey,

    I have a polish version of windows, nevertheless I don't see there anything that i could even relate to the "Initio". Print Screen of my Device Manager:

    And my registry key looks like that:

    So I don't see anything from the upper or lower filters you are writing about :(.

    I forget to mention, that week ago my system have seen the blu-ray. I wasn't using it for a week, the thing was disconnected, and now I connect it, I hear and see (led are flashing) it's working, but my system doesn't see it :(.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-14T16:26:17+00:00

    Hi,

    I noticed a couple of things..

    What is the device "inne urzadzenia" with the question mark ?

    From your bottom picture it appears that at some time or another youe have had four or more CD\DVD drives... The folders 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003, all indicate a CD\DVD drive...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments