Windows 8 Does not recognize my dvd/bluray drive

Anonymous
2012-11-22T18:35:01+00:00

Specifically my LG Bluray writer which uses which uses cyberlink powerdvd 10 programming cannot seem to recognize my graphics driver.  I was told by LG support that the problem can be solved using the troubleshooter found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116.

The troubleshooter, however, does not work with windows 8.  I am hesitant to mess around the registry unless someone has had this problem and has fixed it.

Can someone please let me know if the windows 7 solution for this problem is the same solution for windows 8?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-30T20:01:52+00:00

    thank you sooooooooo much Manish.

    i did everything to get back my blue-ray drive to show up in my desktop ..... tried everything.

    the only solution that worked for me was your advise.

    big thanks bro.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-17T19:01:40+00:00

    Thank you overmuch Ben ! ! !

    Solved my huge problem.

    /Vejling

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-19T04:53:36+00:00

    I am still lost. I had to buy an external DVD RW so I could continue installing my media to the windows 8 machine. My internal DVD RW was working fine until I upgraded. I have tried the red edit, and the high and low bs, and even swapped to many different SATA ports on the motherboard , ASUS M5A97, it has 6 SATA Ports. In the BIOS it mentions the SATA connections and there was a choice between AHCI and IDE, I have tried both settings for the TSS DVD RW and it wont read or write a disc, it does show in explorer. I cannot understand how Windows 8 can see the drive but won't allow it to function.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-19T16:25:40+00:00

    Hi,

    Do you have iTunes or PowerDVD ? 

    You might try checking the Permissions for the drive to make sure something weird didn't happen.

    Try going to Device Manager, right click on the drive, select Uninstall, and reboot...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments