Windows 8 Does not recognize my dvd/bluray drive

Anonymous
2012-11-22T18:35:01+00:00

Specifically my LG Bluray writer which uses which uses cyberlink powerdvd 10 programming cannot seem to recognize my graphics driver.  I was told by LG support that the problem can be solved using the troubleshooter found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116.

The troubleshooter, however, does not work with windows 8.  I am hesitant to mess around the registry unless someone has had this problem and has fixed it.

Can someone please let me know if the windows 7 solution for this problem is the same solution for windows 8?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T02:40:47+00:00

    What about the "B" referred to in your earlier post?  Does it belong in this string?  Where?  Can you repost the string with the "B" . 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-04T21:56:31+00:00

    Hi Manish,

    I've seen this post quite many times and in my case nothing is working. I got an Asus N53SN and I upgrade it to windows 8 in January. I've been trying to make the optical drive working but nothing. In my case the Blu-ray drive is recognize but doesn't read any disk I put in it. Including Blu-ray's, DVD's and even CD's. I've try updating drivers but still can't get it to work. I've downgraded windows back to windows 7 just to make sure the drive was working properly and it was. Have any ideas.

    Regards,

    Louis Ouellet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-04T21:57:05+00:00

    Hi Bennet,

    I've seen this post quite many times and in my case nothing is working. I got an Asus N53SN and I upgrade it to windows 8 in January. I've been trying to make the optical drive working but nothing. In my case the Blu-ray drive is recognize but doesn't read any disk I put in it. Including Blu-ray's, DVD's and even CD's. I've try updating drivers but still can't get it to work. I've downgraded windows back to windows 7 just to make sure the drive was working properly and it was. Have any ideas.

    Regards,

    Louis Ouellet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-18T16:59:22+00:00

    Thank you Manish and everyone,

    I follow your instruction to edit the registry. Now I can see the drive only if there is a disk in it.  Once the disk is removed, the DVD drive is not visible again in Window Explorer.  I guess it is okay as long as I can get to the content of the optical disk.  But it is different with the way it was with previous Windows.   I could not disable the Zeropower ODD feature in the registry edit because the parameters does not show  Zeropower entry.  Is it the way I need to put up with?   Thanks for you help.

    JCPACA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-18T17:21:49+00:00

    Hi,

    Is this the Reg Edit you tried ?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh848057(v=vs.85).aspx

    You might try using "RUN" as Administrator to allow the regedit to work...

    You might also checking in your Bios to see if it can be disabled there...

    My machine doesn't have this feature, so I can't check..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments