Windows 8 Does not recognize my dvd/bluray drive

Anonymous
2012-11-22T18:35:01+00:00

Specifically my LG Bluray writer which uses which uses cyberlink powerdvd 10 programming cannot seem to recognize my graphics driver.  I was told by LG support that the problem can be solved using the troubleshooter found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116.

The troubleshooter, however, does not work with windows 8.  I am hesitant to mess around the registry unless someone has had this problem and has fixed it.

Can someone please let me know if the windows 7 solution for this problem is the same solution for windows 8?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-17T19:01:40+00:00

    Thank you overmuch Ben ! ! !

    Solved my huge problem.

    /Vejling

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-30T20:01:52+00:00

    thank you sooooooooo much Manish.

    i did everything to get back my blue-ray drive to show up in my desktop ..... tried everything.

    the only solution that worked for me was your advise.

    big thanks bro.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-18T17:21:49+00:00

    Hi,

    Is this the Reg Edit you tried ?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh848057(v=vs.85).aspx

    You might try using "RUN" as Administrator to allow the regedit to work...

    You might also checking in your Bios to see if it can be disabled there...

    My machine doesn't have this feature, so I can't check..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-18T16:59:22+00:00

    Thank you Manish and everyone,

    I follow your instruction to edit the registry. Now I can see the drive only if there is a disk in it.  Once the disk is removed, the DVD drive is not visible again in Window Explorer.  I guess it is okay as long as I can get to the content of the optical disk.  But it is different with the way it was with previous Windows.   I could not disable the Zeropower ODD feature in the registry edit because the parameters does not show  Zeropower entry.  Is it the way I need to put up with?   Thanks for you help.

    JCPACA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments