I'm on Win 10 and have the issue where I see the drive letter and it is recognized, but the CD is not recognized.
I used to be able to write to CD-R, and now I cannot.
The more I work on Win10, the more issues are popping up :-/
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Specifically my LG Bluray writer which uses which uses cyberlink powerdvd 10 programming cannot seem to recognize my graphics driver. I was told by LG support that the problem can be solved using the troubleshooter found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116.
The troubleshooter, however, does not work with windows 8. I am hesitant to mess around the registry unless someone has had this problem and has fixed it.
Can someone please let me know if the windows 7 solution for this problem is the same solution for windows 8?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm on Win 10 and have the issue where I see the drive letter and it is recognized, but the CD is not recognized.
I used to be able to write to CD-R, and now I cannot.
The more I work on Win10, the more issues are popping up :-/
Hi,
This is very helpful :). I will try all those steps that you write here, and give feedback have it helped. But I need to find time where I can risk not have computer for some time :).
Thank you very much for all advises :).
Hi,
If you mean System Restore, I don't think it will restore the deleted folders...
The deleted folders would probably be in the Recycle Bin, but if you are concerned about this, don't delete them...
Just Rename them with something simple like an "A" at the beginning of them name...
Like A0002, A0003, A0004, as an example....
As far as windows is concerned it will have the same effect as deleting them...
Hi,
Sorry for not being precise, I meant recovery point.
I have one DVD and one SD card slot built in the computer.
I didn't noticed anything wrong with my USB Ports. But when my external drive didn't work, I tried to plug it in the other USB slots, and it didn't work either.
Hi,
I'm not real sure what "System Recovery" you are talking about, but if you make a System Image Backup, it will reload unto your machine exactly as it is now...
If you do that, be sure you also have a Recovery CD, or installation media on a DVD or Flash Drive... You might need it to Recover the image...
Try uninstalling the Unknown Device first, and rebooting your machine...
That might be enough...
I can think of no good reason to have so many 0001-0008 folders though...
You only need one folder for each drive...
I have two CD\DVD drives and have a 0000 and 0001 folder...
Do you by chance also have a Card Reader ?
Something else I just thought of... It may be that there is a problem with the USB Controller that the drive is plugged in to...
Do your USB Ports work properly for other things ?