Any time a window closes unexpectedly, I consider it a CRASH!
I gave up and bought XYplorer. Double tabbed windows with all sorts of bells and whistles.
MickeySoft can take a flying leap...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Any time a window closes unexpectedly, I consider it a CRASH!
I gave up and bought XYplorer. Double tabbed windows with all sorts of bells and whistles.
MickeySoft can take a flying leap...
If that were all it did that would be acceptable. I understand if I were sitting on the drive it just removed then explorer should go away too. But for me, I can close the explorer that pops up when I insert my USB drive and it will close the OTHER explorer that is open that is on an entirely different drive (NOT the USB drive.) It is NOT limited to the USB drive...it doesn't care....it's going to close an explorer somewhere no matter what. And this is the unacceptable and frustrating part for me. Let me control it. Stop deciding what I want to do.