How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device

Anonymous
2012-05-05T18:01:11+00:00

How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-09T18:03:29+00:00

    You should read the whole thread.  XP did not do this.

    And, to be consistent with the 7 behavior, windows explorer should close when a displayed folder is deleted.

    But it does not. The focus moves up one level.

    This is what should happen when removing a CD and USB storage devices.

    I have no plugins installed of the type you describe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-09T18:52:35+00:00

    jq85 asked on

    How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?

    From Windows 98/2000/Me/Xp/Vista/7 & 8  etc...all Drives like Floppy Disk [Obsolete]/CD/DVD & USB ports uses Windows Explorer to Communicate...W/o Windows Explorer you can't view the image of what you are doin and your PC don't work [Windows Explorer is the System ...If you have issues regarding Windows Explorer or have Driver Failure contact your Computer Manufacturer or @ Microsoft...In that case you can explain to them about your issue...I'm no expert but I am only trying to help!!! THANX

    Nobody Is Perfect!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-02T04:09:02+00:00

    I'm stunned by EVERYONE's inability to answer your question. People are indeed stupid. if you can't answer the question, then don't write a whole bunch of irrelevant **** that the person isn't asking about in the first place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-31T07:50:23+00:00

    I don't think he cares about files being inaccessible when device is removed.  It just makes it easier when the next device is plugged in so that you don't have to navigate to it again...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-02T15:24:39+00:00

    Hi Ernestus,

    Sorry for delayed response.

    The task that you are trying to perform is not possible because it is designed like that way.

    We do understand that if this could be added, then it would be easy to navigate when the device is connected in future. But this feature is by design.

    For any Windows related assistance in the future, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments