How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device

Anonymous
2012-05-05T18:01:11+00:00

How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-23T04:17:57+00:00

    ON LY THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO MARK ANSWERS.

    And yet I find 2 posts marked as answers and they are not.

    ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MODERATOR ABUSE OF POWER.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-23T05:39:19+00:00

    The answers have been given and explained by shawn why explorer closes,

    If you want a different result try a different way.

    Cheers and good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-23T12:27:41+00:00

    Thank you for your response.

    The posts did not answer my question.

    As I wrote above:

    "I understand this is the coded default behavior. It is clever, but annoying."

    I assumed this action is hardcoded. But I asked just in case. Many times this type of action can be modified by changing a registry entry. If this is the case, no one who has posted knows of such.

    "I want it to perform just like when a folder is deleted. The focus moves up to the next available folder. But the explorer does not close.

    "Should be an option, at least."

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-05-23T15:06:59+00:00

    If you want to use a usb device as a folder stop using autoplay to open the device.

    It's listed on the Navigation pane as soon as you insert the device,

    Autoplay is redundant, but if you don't select Eject when your done other problems may occur as shawn also described/ errors....

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-03T10:24:02+00:00

    Click on the C:\ drive in Windows Explorer before removing the USB Drive!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments