I don't think he cares about files being inaccessible when device is removed. It just makes it easier when the next device is plugged in so that you don't have to navigate to it again...?
How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device
How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-03-31T07:50:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-05-09T18:52:35+00:00 jq85 asked on
How do I disable windows explorer closing when removing usb device?
From Windows 98/2000/Me/Xp/Vista/7 & 8 etc...all Drives like Floppy Disk [Obsolete]/CD/DVD & USB ports uses Windows Explorer to Communicate...W/o Windows Explorer you can't view the image of what you are doin and your PC don't work [Windows Explorer is the System ...If you have issues regarding Windows Explorer or have Driver Failure contact your Computer Manufacturer or @ Microsoft...In that case you can explain to them about your issue...I'm no expert but I am only trying to help!!! THANX
Nobody Is Perfect!
-
Anonymous
2013-05-09T17:00:18+00:00 Of Course Windows Explorer Close because there's no data to play around with...I suggest don't use any CD/DVD or any USB plug ins these might not interfere Windows Explorer...[FINAL]
-
Anonymous
2013-05-09T13:35:46+00:00 @ jq85 - I am encountering this issue very often to all types of Windows [Windows Hang & Can't Close the Application] This happen when you inserted a Disc and click & open the contents of CD/DVD [The reason is Windows have difficult reading large amount of files/data especially protected DVD and most if they are being Thumbnail viewed] What I do manually press the eject button and when you see the CD/DVD Drive led blinking and hear an ejected sound...and if not hold pressing still this might open but don't put too much pressure otherwise you may tamper your Drive just common sense I guess this might help you...Try to ignore that explorer hangs its just and old issue...Stop loading some dirty CD's deffective CD/DVD those disc are the one causing problems...GOODLUCK!!!
-
Anonymous
2013-05-09T12:52:05+00:00 Yea.
That didn't work when it was first suggested.
Still doesn't work.