MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-23T14:09:03+00:00

    Easy to go Solution

    Shut down your computer, restart, then go into Kies, go to the tools section tab, locate the connection error wizard, run the wizard with your tablet NOT connected to your computer via the USB connection.  When you run the wizard it downloads the whole new software again, this could take several minutes so just wait.  Then restart you machine.  Your comp will try and download all 3 drivers again, this time all 3 new drivers will download correctly.  Following this turn both machines off again and restart, connect and you should be sorted.  Certainly with me this has worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-15T03:02:30+00:00

    i don't know why but that worked for me too...the fact is that i dn't even know what was that mtp thing...u see i had a sony and now got a s4 mini cause i want to take all brands someday so that i can make a conclusion...for me no...samsung is not easy to use..it has burnt my head to find out what's the problem and still i can't find how to see and to add music or pictures from pc to mobileand from mobile to pc using this micro sd from my previous sony that guess what?...was that easy to find folders that i could do it with close eyes.......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-01T21:40:08+00:00

    Easy to go Solution

    Shut down your computer, restart, then go into Kies, go to the tools section tab, locate the connection error wizard, run the wizard with your tablet NOT connected to your computer via the USB connection.  When you run the wizard it downloads the whole new software again, this could take several minutes so just wait.  Then restart you machine.  Your comp will try and download all 3 drivers again, this time all 3 new drivers will download correctly.  Following this turn both machines off again and restart, connect and you should be sorted.  Certainly with me this has worked

    Having tried just about everything possible solution and danced with my hands in the air holding daisies and a yellow toothbrush my problem still remains. Possibly I am carrying one or all of my inclinations incorrectly or in the wrong procedural order.

    However having done and put away all that nonsense I am yet to be able to follow your instructions as there is NO Connection Error Wizard in my version of Kies 3.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-03T06:14:39+00:00

    Here is how I fixed it...

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
    4. In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
    6. Finished!

    Running Win7 No upper filters found

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments