MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T03:22:38+00:00

    I've been battling this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 for months.  Spent hours on the phone with Samsung support, and they finally concluded it was a "Microsoft Issue".  I've tried all the fixes suggested here and then some.  

    This is ridiculous.  I have a doctorate in physics, and I can't figure out how to sync my phone with my laptop.  

    The constants: every time I plug the phone in via USB, Windows and/or Kies (tried both with and without Kies running) tries to install the MTP USB driver.  Have uninstalled almost everything and reinstalled, in various permutations.  Have tried different USB cables and ports.  Have chanted strange incantations and done a feverish dance with sprigs of sweet basil.  

    I was planning to give a phone like this to my 60-something-year-old parents, but if the only way to get pictures off of it is to upload them to some cloud service and then download them to the local machine, then they will never use it, or, at least, will never see the photos they make.

    I remember a time when you could plug a device into your computer, and it would appear as an "external device", or something, on "My Computer".  I suppose that was too easy.  I will personally buy Bill Gates a bottle of fine single-malt scotch if he can succeed in connecting a Samsung Galaxy S3 on a Windows 7 machine, and getting anything off of it.

    What bullshit...

    Adam Trotter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T17:36:46+00:00

    Hi thank you for explaining your frustration. The fact that you have a doctorate level of knowledge. I certainly am far from that, but this particular problem we meet in union. I have been getting very disappointed with my galaxy S3. If I don't find that fix for this one. It will be a bad joke, because I would not have bought this phone. I have another disappointment that Samsung should specify clearly. I have a 32gb micro sd memory card that is emulated. What does this mean?  All I can say is my phone is constantly running out of ram. Little can go to external sd card.very disappointed by this. Maybe if we could transfer some of what's on our internal memory/external sd card? We could have a faster less cluttered phone? Good luck to all. Smart phone yeah right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T14:09:49+00:00

    Here is how I fixed it...

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
    4. In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
    6. Finished!

    I tried these steps, and got to the Portable Devices, but cannot see Upperfilters. I really am desperate to get this done since I've been trying for 2 days and MTP driver still fails to install in my Windows 7 U. Please help.

    Do I need to edit & find again after seeing Portable Devices?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-28T01:34:46+00:00

    Same here, Can't see upperfilters. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments