MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-16T14:43:54+00:00

    HERE's THE SOLUTION:

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start --> Run --> "regedit" --> [ENTER])
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. If you click one of the few subkeys in class (e.g. {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}) you'll find the string value (Standard) on the right side with a value (e.g. DVD/CD-ROM-Drives)
    4. You have to find the value "Portable Devices" on the string value (Standard) (In my case {EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}, but I don't know if they are called always the same.
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters --> DELETE IT!
    6. Finished!  Now your Samsung Mobile MTP Device should be recognized and even installed correctly right away. (The name of the device changed to GT-I9100 (Devicemanager) in my case...)

    Here an explanation about UpperFilters and LowerFilters if you want to know more: http://djlizard.net/2007/04/30/230/

    Maybe this short tutorial can save you some time... =)

    Thank you ChrisBolo for this instruction which enabled me to understand how to find the relevant string value.  Unfortunately when I got there there was no UpperFilters value associated with Portable Devices anyway, so I could not delete it.  My problem is connecting my Samsung laptop R519 with an Apple I-pad Model no A 1475  Installation of the MTP USB device fails, in spite of ensuring latest updates on Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-09T12:55:05+00:00

    Amazing! Been trying to fix this for hours had 8 PC's all with the same issue.

    Is this key preinstalled by Microsoft or added in after you connect an android device?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-27T06:31:53+00:00

    You can format the SD card as shown in a program minitool partition, you set up 3 partitions the first can be exfat make it primary, the second you format to ext2 set it at primary also, the last you make a linix swap file. then buy a $2:00 called apps2sd you will then be able to set the external to be used to install programs. don't get link2sd that one gave me fits! And make sure you are formatting the ext sd or you might ruin the info on you PC!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments