MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-07T12:23:09+00:00

    Hi,

    I also this error and shown that registry error code 19. I use windows 7 for Samsung galaxy s3 mobile.

    Please advise me.

    Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.   

    Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

          SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

                 

                  This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

          SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

                   This device is working properly

          SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

                  This device is working properly.

          SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

                   This device is working properly.

    This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

                

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-14T18:28:39+00:00

    Hi,

    If you have any app installed with admin privilege which controls SD card privilege, then it wont allow MTP. In order to check this, please go to Security and lock screen settings -> Device administration->Device adminstrators

    Check if there are any app have admin privilege, you have deactivate them to gain MTP access. Please remember if the applicaiton is like an email or something, then you will lose all data when you revoke admin privilege

    Though this is not relavant to microsoft, hope this info would be helpful

    BR/// Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T16:55:48+00:00

    Here is how I fixed it...

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
    4. In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
    6. Finished!

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-14T04:55:24+00:00

    Thanks a lot. I fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments