MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-11T15:54:38+00:00

    I solved the issue simply by connecting the phone with just the short USB connection cable!

    Previously I had added a cheap extension cable to make the connection longer. I now only use the extension to make it easier to charge my phone but never for making data connections.  

    Just based on how Samsung phones have been finnikie when it comes to using USB cables, and my own experiences with Samsung devices, your post makes more sense than all of the other solutions posted here.

    Even though people use 6 feet and even 10 feet USB cables with peripherals, anytime a device that requires or uses USB, and the cable is supplied, it is never more than 3 feet. I know someone is going to say it's to save money for the manufacturer but that's not going to fly. Because shorter cable for data makes alot of sense.

    A 3 foot cable was suggested back when USB cables for peripherals became mainstream. It was always advised that I use the supplied 3 foot USB cable even when I wanted to use a longer one for my hardware and desk setup. I was always told by support NOT to exceed 5 feet. Some devices did not come with a supplied USB cable. If I bought my own and it didn't work, tech support, more often than not, asked the length of my USB cable. If it was more than 3 feet,  a shorter length cable was suggested. And often times, the new, shorter cable, did the trick

    Even if this doesn't fix the problem, I'm getting a shorter cable since it is a good practice to look at it this wayGood Thinking

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-02T04:40:09+00:00

    I solved the issue simply by connecting the phone with just the short USB connection cable!

    Previously I had added a cheap extension cable to make the connection longer. I now only use the extension to make it easier to charge my phone but never for making data connections.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T08:49:32+00:00

    Here is how I fixed it...

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
    4. In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
    6. Finished!

    it's good for PTP ... BUT MTP nothing happend !! same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments