MTP USB Device Drivers will not install correctly for Samsung Galaxy S3- Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 to computer

Anonymous
2012-07-29T17:44:13+00:00

Windows will not sync Galaxy S3 will not sync computer to cell phone.  When I attach USB cable the computer flashes new hardware added but when you click on icon it goes in loops.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kies drivers and still the same problem.  All the other cell phones synced to computer including my iPhone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't no matter what I do.  When I open Kies and attach the USB cable there's no reconition of the cell phone.  I did see an error Code 31 show up in devices though.

Add Hardware Wizard shows.....

      SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  (has the yellow excamation sign)

              This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

               This device is working properly

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

              This device is working properly.

      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite DeviceThis device is working properly.

               This device is working properly.

This is about all the information I can give right now.  I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows XP I hope that helps too.  With all said I don't understand why the drivers required for this device won't load.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-30T12:57:25+00:00

Hi,

  • What is the version of the driver that you are using?

The most current version Is ver.v1.4.6.0 released June 19, 2012.

I would recommend you to please update the USB drivers on your computers and check if it helps.

How to manage devices in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658

If this does not help you, I would recommend you to please contact Samsung support for better assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

There is a community forum for Samsung where you can post questions.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I535MBCVZW

Hope this information helps.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-15T04:03:43+00:00

    Thank you this worked very well!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-12T13:42:54+00:00

    Here is how I fixed it...

    1. Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
    2. Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
    3. Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
    4. In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
    5. Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
    6. Finished!

    after months of uninstalling and re installing. then finding i couldnt delete the drivers i stumbled apon this thread and these exact steps fixed my problem. maybe its not the same for everyone but worked fine for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-24T21:36:56+00:00

    no step 5 for me.   he must not know what he's  doing.

    I wish ONLY people that know what they're talking about would respond.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-27T19:29:41+00:00

    i hv problems for mtp driver too.

    my laptop is windows vista.

    i followed the steps until step4, but i cant see the string value called 'upper filters' and stuck at this step.

    what shall i do?

    thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments