Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-17T20:27:01+00:00

    It seems to me that i have run into alot of gammers who like to cheat.

    The problem is not that they like to cheat, but that they are able to cheat. Somewhere there is a code that enables them to do that. I as I said before have made my peace with the inevitable (at times) and still play occasionally. I don't think this is the place to discuss the state of whichever society. Have fun.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-21T18:10:21+00:00

    Nothing new here, but just some random thoughts after reading the posts and agreeing with most:

    1. Posts by Microsoft are conspicuous by their absence. These games aren't money-makers for them. They don't care, because they don't have to. By now it's time for me to accept that the bugs will never get fixed.
    2. Backgammon has its "trolls" just like every other site, that's just the way it is on the web. I click "do not match" too when I meet one. It might save a few repeated headaches, but trolls and cheaters simply start a new nic, and using the bug, they are back up to 2000 in no time. Trying to keep track of cheaters nics doesn't work either - for the same reason.
    3. I think the posts are correct about guests being cheaters most of the time, but I've taken the risk on occasion and met a few nice folks who just didn't know about creating a nic.
    4. It's helpful to remember that at the end of the match only the MSN server is fooled. We and the cheaters all know who the REAL loser is. We learn a little something every time we play, and our ranking doesn't avail us much except to stroke our egos. I can get as much satisfaction from beating a cheater as anyone. The win just doesn't show up on the server.
    5. Regrettably, the warning about playing anyone with a rating over some given number might help, but I have 5 nics, all over 2100 and appreciate meeting someone with a similar rating who doesn't cheat. True, many are trolls, but some of us above 2000 are honest players.
    6. The posts about rigging the dice are from folks who haven't played "live" backgammon. There was a book published back in the 70s titled "BG The Cruelest Game". So true. I've played for years in tournaments and some dice sequences seem outrageous, but they happen. If you watch or read annotated world-class matches they happen there too. It's just a fact of the game. We just notice them more when the other guy gets them. DawbinActual was right about that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-24T20:25:26+00:00

    Very good summery of what has been posted.

    1. When the multi player sites were down MSN switched all traffic to zonemaster, so FB didn't get cluttered. Really no resason why MSN should care. The bugs will stay. One bug I will adress later.
    2. Couldn't agree more.
    3. I have rarely seen a"Guest" ,who after asking actually wanted to know how to create a nic. But not every "Guest" is a cheater. Second 3. I don't understand.
    4. True. But the underlying question is always: "Are we playing on a level field".
    5. The dice are fine, but many players complain. "live" dice can be just as crazy and cruel.

    About cheaters. They are not only annoying, but they prevent me from playing. If I sign in with e.g. 20 matches/1900 rating I will automatically be regarded as a cheater and nobody want's to play.

    Roll out. All pips have to be used. The exeption is: Having a checker outside my home board I can choose to play either the highest die or the lowest die. MSN BG will force me to play the highest die first, possibly creating unnecessary problems. It doesn't happen very often, but it does show how much effort went into the programming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T05:21:38+00:00

    support options are here: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3500.htm

    I have done this several times. Followed the steps as described. Funny, never received

    anything back from  Zmaster. No questions, no we have resolved, nothing.  I have however

    run into the same abusive people over and over again.

    I would like to have the job of one of the guys who are supposed to be resolving the issues.

    Seems they have a light load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments