Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-20T07:23:56+00:00

    Heads up,

    when you get someone who is rolling those kind of dice, more than likely your playing an MSN employee

    who's job it is to be watching over the game and not making sport of those there to enjoy the game.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-07T18:23:00+00:00

    The reply (i.e,  the P.S.) is a joke. The MSN backgammon dice are not random. I have been keeping some stats. Doubles occur about 28% of the time. Statistically they should occur 16% of the time. Is 28% POSSIBLE? Of course, but when that percentage continues to occur, it is not random. I have been in 3 different games where, between my opponent and I, there were 10 doubles rolled in 12 consecutive rolls. Is that POSSIBLE? Of course but to occur in ~1100 games I have played, it would take impossible odds to duplicate in the real world. If you and your children and your children's children would all try to duplicate this continuously roll after roll, they will all have passed (that is, died from old age) before you would see it again. Some player has a ranking of over 8000.  And they do not cheat????

    I agree that backgammon is a mixture of luck and strategy with the odds. I have won several tournaments. But I have always been competitive whether I win or lose. There are many, many times at this lousy site where I call the next roll of the opponent which takes them from a sure loss to a victory. And it has happened the other way and I have won. I have been called every name in the book when this happens. Folks, it's not you, it's not the "random" rolls and it's not cheating. The MSN Backgammon site, as one of my opponents put it, SUX!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments