Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-18T00:37:08+00:00

    I am getting sick and tired of all the cheating and people with foul language.  I have a rating of just over 2000 and I am no cheat, however my rating never stays up there goes down then back up and so on.  I never play anyone over 2100.  However just played someone approx. 2050 and guess what put timer on me so I lose.  This needs sorting my MSN/Microsoft whoever deals with it.  It ruins everyone else's pleasure of just playing a friendly game, win or lose. (although nicer to win :-)

     My rating never goes up even though I'm not that bad because of the people you speak of.  I would love to run into you and play for a while. The best way to improve your game is to  play someone better than yourself and study their moves. Causing someone to time out or leave a game because you are loosing is a chicken way to go. I play the computer on my tablet most of the time now. To much trouble. Hope to run into you one day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T17:19:45+00:00

    I am getting sick and tired of all the cheating and people with foul language.  I have a rating of just over 2000 and I am no cheat, however my rating never stays up there goes down then back up and so on.  I never play anyone over 2100.  However just played someone approx. 2050 and guess what put timer on me so I lose.  This needs sorting my MSN/Microsoft whoever deals with it.  It ruins everyone else's pleasure of just playing a friendly game, win or lose. (although nicer to win :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-08T08:12:55+00:00

    If everyone would block the people we find to be pains and put those we feel comfortable playing with on our friends lists,  possibly we could establish a network of people which play fairly and know how to win as well as loose with the same good humor. 

    I do agree, always leave the game as soon as possible, block them as many times as it takes, don't expect help from Microsoft and the most thing is remember it's just a game. Not life or death, a game.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-27T17:58:24+00:00

    To simply put it, MSN doesn't give a ****. They had once got these games written by some sources, paid for them, and forgot them, that's all. Their attitude is "take it or leave it", and that's what we all should do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments