Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-08T11:35:35+00:00

    Hi,

    I received a email from the zone mater stating tha servers will be changed this summer and that it will fix the problem.

       HIP HIP HOORAY

    Its not that I don't believe you but you would be the first person to get such a  response in over a decade of complaining and reporting by dozens if not hundreds of players. I've reported several cheaters in the last few days and I did not get such a  reply... are you the only one the zonemaster confided in? 

    Please post the actual email you received - I can hardly believe you did not and that you had to be asked to do so.

    For the rest of us please keep reporting all incidents with screenshots, here is the template I use...

    zmaster@microsoft.com

    Rinsable_Robin Is Using The Stall Cheat

    Dear ZoneMaster,

    The Zone Backgammon player with the handle Rinsable_Robin is using the stall cheat to freeze the game and force my player to timeout giving him an automatic victory - screen snapshot attached. Please ban this player from future gaming.

    OS: Windows 8.1

    Browser: Internet Explorer 11

    Internet connection: Wired

    Antivirus: Avast

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-08T10:38:48+00:00

    Hi,

    I received a email from the zone mater stating tha servers will be changed this summer and that it will fix the problem.

       HIP HIP HOORAY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-08T07:44:21+00:00

    I must say I am a little perturbed by the amount of people who believe anyone with a rating higher than 2100 is a cheat, since I am always around or over this level and definitely don't cheat - however when I get much higher I simply meet these cheaters stalling the game over and over - on one memorable occasion out of 8 games played, 6 were against people who used this technique to win

    I always report these people including a screenshot of exactly what has occurred, but as others have said it seems that no action is taken - strangely even though I choose do not match with this player each time, they seem to reappear as matches again after some time

    It is highly frustrating that a known cheating method like this is not being tackled and that any effort to achieve a higher rating is impossible since I refuse to cheat even though I know how and for this reason my rating has never got any higher than around 2200

    Perhaps people could just not leave the game immediately and instead take screenshots which they can send in with a report, since MSN are unable to even see the size of the issue if you fail to do this - I guess I am hoping that once they can see how large the problem is they might actually take some action :-/

    In relation to people being abusive, I now have my chat permanently turned off for this reason which is a huge shame as I used to enjoy talking to people whilst playing - but I play the game to relax and relaxation does not consist of a stream of foul mouthed illiterate abuse followed by them cheating

    I agree not everyone that has  a high rating is a cheat. To assume so is wrong. You have to play a few game, more than a few, to somethings know if some is no quite right.   If they are rolling one thing and moving another, chances are you might want to take some type of action.

    Screen shots?  I have taken and sent in more screen shots, reported, followed the guidelines, with no replies.  MSN is aware of the situation ans does not care. 

    Do not match list is a waist of time also. We have all posted people on do not match list only to be matched with them again.

    I'm not bitter even though it might sound as though I am. There are some great people out there. Just like anything in this world. As long as someone can hide who they are from the rest of the world they feel free to treat others in a way they might not if they were known. Small people with a little power will always go over board.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-08T03:08:20+00:00

    I must say I am a little perturbed by the amount of people who believe anyone with a rating higher than 2100 is a cheat, since I am always around or over this level and definitely don't cheat - however when I get much higher I simply meet these cheaters stalling the game over and over - on one memorable occasion out of 8 games played, 6 were against people who used this technique to win

    I always report these people including a screenshot of exactly what has occurred, but as others have said it seems that no action is taken - strangely even though I choose do not match with this player each time, they seem to reappear as matches again after some time

    It is highly frustrating that a known cheating method like this is not being tackled and that any effort to achieve a higher rating is impossible since I refuse to cheat even though I know how and for this reason my rating has never got any higher than around 2200

    Perhaps people could just not leave the game immediately and instead take screenshots which they can send in with a report, since MSN are unable to even see the size of the issue if you fail to do this - I guess I am hoping that once they can see how large the problem is they might actually take some action :-/

    In relation to people being abusive, I now have my chat permanently turned off for this reason which is a huge shame as I used to enjoy talking to people whilst playing - but I play the game to relax and relaxation does not consist of a stream of foul mouthed illiterate abuse followed by them cheating

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments