Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-27T17:46:39+00:00

    thank you for input & suggestions!  I agree it's been at least 10 years, but I have NEVER experienced as much of this as I have in the last couple weeks to a month maybe?  And on top of it, they think their so cool by 1st cursing you out or putting something equally disgusting up in chat.  (yes, I know I can block offensive language), I'm an adult, I ignore it but the total waste of my time is what bothers me.

    if we have the option to do log files then how come they can't at least be sent to MSN so we get credit for the win anyhow?  maybe if we keep doing that then it will A) make some of the cheating stop once they realize that us "losers" will get points as well as them & B) maybe if MSN is so inundated w/point requests they will finally do something????

    anyhow, have a great day lol

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-16T16:57:04+00:00

    Good advice, I follow it now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-16T16:54:58+00:00

    This has happened to me many times too. Now I put them on DO NOT EVER PLAY WITH THEM AGAIN found by clicking on their name. At least Now I don't meet with these cheats any more. MSN don't seem to care about this practice, so now neither do I with most of them now on NEVER PLAY WITH AGAIN so it doesn't bother me any more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more