NOTHING of the above works.
Try to download the Offline version from Java's site, this works.
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_offline.jsp
Cheers
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
ERROR JAVA INSTALLER; C:/Users/Harry/AppData/Locallow/Sun/Java/jre1.7.0_06/Java_sp.dll is corrupt. HOW DO I CORRECT THIS ON MY Hp 2000-412NR. 320GB, 64-BIT
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
NOTHING of the above works.
Try to download the Offline version from Java's site, this works.
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_offline.jsp
Cheers
Hit the same problem on a couple of new system builds today. Could not get through the install for Java in Win7, but could for the Win-XP VM on the same machine using the same executable.
My workaround was to run the Java installer in an XP compatibility mode.
Go back to your download directory and right click the install program (e.g. chromeinstall-7u6.exe in my case) and select Properties from the bottom of the menu.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Check the "Run This Program in Compatibility Mode for" check box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the pull down.
Under Privilege Level, check the "Run This Program as an Administrator" box. Then hit OK.
Run the installer program now and there should be no hang up. Was able to run the java checker and website apps we needed them for after this method was applied.
I hope this helps.
Donovan
Okay I have the same error. My problem is I have Windows Vista. Can you run through how to help me fix that, Donovan?
Jeannine
Donovan YOU ARE A GENIUS
Thank you very much.
Worked perfectly. Thanks Donovan!
No such luck here...Still getting install error even with offline installer in XP Pro:
C:\users....\AppData\local low\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_06\java_sp.dll is corrupt
Error: java_sp.dll
.Thought to update my Java 7.7 when I read there was a critical Java update last week to 7.13 patching 50 security leaks. Kept getting Error: Browserlaunch1314. Read a post to fully uninstall Java with Revo Uninstaller Pro which wouldn't uninstall it as it still shows up in their program list. Then tried JavaRa to uninstall it and says this:
Found and removed: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_09 Found and removed: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft
Used JavaRa updater to install newer version but it installed Java 6.6. Now, I get the install error:
C:\users....\AppData\local low\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_06\java_sp.dll is corrupt
Error: java_sp.dll
I get the sneaky suspicion that Revo nuked some files on 7.7 although it is supposed to backup all files. Checked and no backup. Even tried a system restore before the Revo run but didn't help. Thinking I have to manually edit 7.7 out of the registry. Thanks.