Can't receive Email from friend

Anonymous
2012-08-03T19:17:56+00:00

Just recently my friend's e-mail will not come thru and he doesn't get a kicked back message.And also finding others e-mails not coming thru and I have not done any changes.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T21:56:48+00:00

    Hi,

     

    We don't like to see our customers upset and inconvenienced. We always strive to create a positive customer experience. There are various reasons why you’re unable to receive emails. One possible cause is your filter setting. To check if it isn’t contributing to this issue, refer to the link below:

    **I'm not receiving emails sent by my family or friends**

     

    To isolate the possible causes of your issue, we need more information from you.

     

    • Do you encounter this issue when using other browser?
    • Do you encounter this issue when using other account?
    • Do you encounter this issue when using other computer?
    • Have you tried sending a test email to your account?
    • Do you receive any bounced message when you try to send a test email?
    • Please provide us the bounced message that you received, if any.
    • When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any changes to your account before you encountered the issue?
    • Does the issue happen on a specific sender?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T14:10:04+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

    We appreciate your effort getting back to us.

    Since you are using 2 different mail programs and computers, I would like clarify some things to you.

    • Was the account you configured in Windows Live Mail is compatible with IMAP? You may ask your email provider if it is compatible. If it is, you may also ask them for the correct IMAP configuration for your account.
    • When you are in Windows Live Mail, have you tried clicking the Send/Receive button? Was there a message appears? If yes, please provide us the exact message.

    Also, since you tried to use POP in your laptop, was there any success in changing it from IMAP to POP?

    Kindly update us with the results you may have.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T19:52:15+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

     

    Thank you for posting back and I apologize for the inconvenience. I made some adjustment on the instructions I gave on my previous post. As I understand, you are having issues only on your laptop. If so, I would like to clarify if the settings you used on the desktop for that account was the same with the one you used on your laptop. If not, please try to reconfigure the account using the instructions I gave on my previous post and make sure you have the same settings on both devices.

     

    Update us any results.

    Regards,

    Richard

    I am not finding a previous post with instructions.  I can only find your first answer.

    I checked my desktop and it is a pop3 account.  My laptop is a IMAP account.  I have tried to change the laptop to a POP.  Don't know if it will work.  I am sending myself a test message.  None of the messages you have sent me has showed up on my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T19:42:17+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

     

    Thank you for posting back and I apologize for the inconvenience. I made some adjustment on the instructions I gave on my previous post. As I understand, you are having issues only on your laptop. If so, I would like to clarify if the settings you used on the desktop for that account was the same with the one you used on your laptop. If not, please try to reconfigure the account using the instructions I gave on my previous post and make sure you have the same settings on both devices.

     

    Update us any results.

    Regards,

    Richard

    I am not finding a previous post with instructions.  I can only find your first answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T19:02:42+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

    Thank you for posting back and I apologize for the inconvenience. I made some adjustment on the instructions I gave on my previous post. As I understand, you are having issues only on your laptop. If so, I would like to clarify if the settings you used on the desktop for that account was the same with the one you used on your laptop. If not, please try to reconfigure the account using the instructions I gave on my previous post and make sure you have the same settings on both devices.

    Update us any results.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments