Windows 8 Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting

Anonymous
2012-11-06T07:06:03+00:00

Hi

I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro couple of weeks before when windows released. After the upgrade the explorer.exe getting restarted every 1 minute. I thought the upgrade was not fine and did a clean install afterwards.. Everything was fine for two weeks and then today

the same problem happened

The explorer is getting restarted and it is no annoying that i cannot use my thinkpad

Please find the error log in found in event viewer

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50107dbc

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405

Exception code: 0xc000071f

Fault offset: 0x000000000011808f

Faulting process ID: 0xf00

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbbec7ad21138

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: ddf2f77e-27df-11e2-be75-685d432e670f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T07:02:24+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing the information.

    Glad to know that you have sorted out the issue.

    Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-26T18:41:24+00:00

    for those having this problem if you have Mozy backup installed go to their forums there is a fix for this  - I followed the instructions on the mozy board and now no more bsod's

    Thanks!!!! you save me from having to reset my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T00:28:15+00:00

    I'll execute these test in some minutes (I'm downloading an update for Windows 8 right now).

    Just one aditional info for this issue, it happens only on my main user. The Guest user works like a charm.

    Another adition: the ShellExView don't solved my issue... I turned off all non-Microsoft items and the issue remain!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T00:44:21+00:00

    Google drive was causing my issues, I used ShellExView to narrow it down.

    I still have Google drive on my system but I have disabled the Icon Overlay Handler, I believe this adds a small tick on the thumbnail icon to indicate it has been sync'd to the Google drive and my problems are gone.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-28T20:04:08+00:00

    Mr. Sharief, I have the same case but i don't have de BOOTDVD because my upgrade was downloaded from the internet, so this solution can work in my case? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments