Did u update windows 8 before this problem happening ...if so let me know .. may b i can help you....
Windows 8 Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting
Hi
I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro couple of weeks before when windows released. After the upgrade the explorer.exe getting restarted every 1 minute. I thought the upgrade was not fine and did a clean install afterwards.. Everything was fine for two weeks and then today
the same problem happened
The explorer is getting restarted and it is no annoying that i cannot use my thinkpad
Please find the error log in found in event viewer
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50107dbc
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405
Exception code: 0xc000071f
Fault offset: 0x000000000011808f
Faulting process ID: 0xf00
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbbec7ad21138
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: ddf2f77e-27df-11e2-be75-685d432e670f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-12-05T05:07:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-11-10T07:53:59+00:00 hello there,
having done these steps and playing out the possible scenarios and programs that are giving me problems or the system hanging and crashing. It is the windows explorer that keeps doing it. All other software and services run fine, until i try to fiddle around in windows explorer. for example, moving a file from folder A to folder B.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-10T22:55:47+00:00 My issue maybe more strange. when i click the 'properties' of the pull-down right menu of 'computer', the system penal and the windows explorer crashed at the same time.
-
Anonymous
2013-07-30T00:31:28+00:00 Not at all.
It was frustrating that I just spent 1700$ on a top of the line pc after numerous hours of research, update everything and set it up like my old computer only to have explorer restart on me every time I really push it.
Searched forum after forum and tried almost everything until I found a forum that pointed that the cloud service automatic sync was the issue. I just disabled it altogether because I just use my browser to upload/download files.
Hopefully there will be a patch like the moderator here posted that will fix this but for now I need a fast computer that wont stall and this was the solution.
BTW I just happened to forget skydrive in my previous post because I never used it...
Cheers,
Joseph
-
Anonymous
2013-07-29T14:25:10+00:00 I have tried every solution I could think of.
But
FINALLY SOLVED IT!!!!
This may not work for everyone. But what I found was that the Adobe Reader app which comes with Microsoft Windows 8 was causing a conflict with Adobe Acrobat Pro (which I purchased).
The conflict was actually in the context menu.
When I right clicked on , for example , a text file -- I would see a something about opening in Acrobat and then an empty context menu entry.
It was like there was supposed to be a button there - but there was no icon or word. Just an open space on the context menu.
This clued me in that something was wrong with my context menu.
So I did some other searching and found a program that allows you to change your installed context menu items.
After installing and running it I sorted the list by context menu items.
I disabled everything that was not Microsoft (*again only on the context menu items ... not everything in this list)
Then I went back and enabled the non-microsoft context items until I found the culprit.
Shell Extension Viewer I think the actual program is ShellExViewer though.
Its been a month and my explorer/file explorer has not crashed or slowed down once.