Yes. I am getting to that point myself. It is an OEM disk.
d
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title: Why does nothing work?
Why are there no accurate computer diagnostic tools? OK. So I have some computer problems. It is not recognizing the sound card and several other things, six in all, yellow exclamation marks beside the DVD drive, OHCI compliant something or other, generic PnP Monitor, the processor (fer gawd's sake, how is it even working?), HD sound card and the PCA standard ISA bridge.
Oh yeah, first of all its a virus, then it is OEM software, so contact them. With all this, the last advice I can get is to reformat the drive and reload Win7, oh yes, and reload all my software, that at least two weeks work. And if that does not fix it, it is a hardware problem!! Why don't we just replace the mobo and see if that is it?
It is like having car problems and the garage says, "Oh yeah, we will just replace the motor and power train and see if that is the problem. If it is still there, it might be the chassis.".
What I want is a diagnostic tool that will examine the computer and pinpoint the problem and fix it. Is this too much to ask - Bill Gates? We have this for our cars. After all this time, it should be possible. In computer problems, there is way too much try this, try that. Time to switch to MAC... or Linux.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. I am getting to that point myself. It is an OEM disk.
d
Doug
I have reached the conclusion that you either have to do a repair Install or a clean install of Windows 7.
What exactly is your DVD? Is it a generic OEM or retail version of Windows 7? Is it a full version of Windows 7 or an upgrade disk?
typo again they have two ells.
I believe 18/04/2012 was about when the problems started.
MSE is installed.
Fixed the maxed out processor problem. I am just back to the six device problems. And where ot find the wdf0000 and netbt files.
Doug
wdf01000.sys.uninstal.mof in /winsxs/x86......, mod 10/06/2009
wdf01000.sys.uninstal.mof in /System32/wbem, mod 10/06/2009
If these two files have uninstall with a single L they are also suspect.
wdf01000.sys in /winsxs/x86......, modified 18/04/2012
Does this modified date coincide with when you started to see problems?
I am coming to to the conclusion that you have a malware infestation. The simplest solution is going to be to reinstall Windows. Removing the malware may (probably will(?)) leave you with a system that still does not work properly!
What anti-virus software is installed?
You could send a sample of wdf01000.sys to to your anti-virus provider for analysis.
FWIW I also could find wdf01000.sys on my DVD but it could be buried in a file / folder that Search would not find,
Yes. typo
I have found
wdf01000.sys in /winsxs/x86......, modified 18/04/2012, created 13/07/2009, but no previous versions - that looks suspicious
wdf01000.sys.mui in /drivers/en-us, mod 13/07/2009
wdf01000.sys.mui in /winsxs/x86......, mod 13/07/2009
wdf01000.sys.mof in /winsxs/x86......, mod 13/07/2009
wdf01000.sys.mof in /System32/wbem, mod 13/07/2009
wdf01000.sys.uninstal.mof in /winsxs/x86......, mod 10/06/2009
wdf01000.sys.uninstal.mof in /System32/wbem, mod 10/06/2009
Can't find the file on the instal disk.
netbt.sys in /drivers, mod 01/05/2012, prev 01/07/2011, also suspicious
several others with the same date, one in /winsxs/x86........, 13/07/2009