Where is "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool"?

Anonymous
2012-09-04T00:38:56+00:00

All the instructions I receive tell me to go to the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool", but when I click on the link, all it does is take me to forums and lists.  Is there actually a "tool" that exists on this site, and if so, why doesn't clicking on the hyperlink take me there.  I'm trying to figure out why my Wireless USB Adapter will not connect.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T23:59:30+00:00

    there aren't even vista 64 bit drivers for this modem, unfortunately. I do remember that when I tried out the Windowsw 7 beta, the modem was detected as the same card that XP detected it as before I installed the proper drivers. the default "generic" driver did work after a fashion, but there were some issues. I don't know if 64 bit windows would also have the ability to detect the modem and install the same 64 bit version of the generic driver. With my luck it would show up in device manager as an unknown (or unsupported) device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-04T16:46:34+00:00

    Hi,

    You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode with which it was working fine before.

    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

    Post us the results after you try the above steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-09T22:52:22+00:00

    32 bit driver will not work on a 64 bit system will they? I was under the impression that I need 64 bit drivers for a 64 bit system

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-10T02:14:54+00:00

    Sorry, but the reports show that Windows 7 usage was unreliable.  I didn't say you couldn't use it, but there have been many reports showing this.  Use it enough....

    I have used it many times, as in about 10 to 15 times a day when I was doing phone support for GFWL.  It WAS unreliable.  XP was the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-10T02:15:51+00:00

    Not true.  32 bit drivers will sometimes work on 64 bit systems.  64 bit drivers usually will not work on 32 bit systems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments