hehehe... he who asks to read all did not read first afterall... :þ
Where is "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool"?
All the instructions I receive tell me to go to the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool", but when I click on the link, all it does is take me to forums and lists. Is there actually a "tool" that exists on this site, and if so, why doesn't clicking on the hyperlink take me there. I'm trying to figure out why my Wireless USB Adapter will not connect.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-09-30T15:39:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-01-01T02:48:35+00:00 Since the link in the Remote Assistance tool is a "go" link, one would think MS could at least replace the landing page with something that explains that it's no longer available. So much for customer friendliness, especially since the users having the problem are most likely to be needy, or they wouldn't be on remote assistance in the first place.
-
Anonymous
2014-01-03T17:29:42+00:00 so we can't really use EasyConnect in Windows 8.1 on Surface 2? Why the remote assistance tool has been so difficult to use, when Teamviewer could do it so easily?
-
Anonymous
2014-05-13T17:07:05+00:00 More importantly than what happened to the tool, does anyone know how I can deal with the problem it was supposed to be for? My Windows 7 help says that some modems are not compatible with Windows 7 and the tool can check that.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-13T18:25:51+00:00 With modems that may or may not work, I have tried older OS drivers that will usually work. Sometimes 32 bit drivers will work when 64 bit will not, or 64 bit drivers not available.