Where is "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool"?

Anonymous
2012-09-04T00:38:56+00:00

All the instructions I receive tell me to go to the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool", but when I click on the link, all it does is take me to forums and lists.  Is there actually a "tool" that exists on this site, and if so, why doesn't clicking on the hyperlink take me there.  I'm trying to figure out why my Wireless USB Adapter will not connect.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-15T07:35:10+00:00

    So is there any official statement on this topic ? I really urgently need the Connectivity Eval Tool and the Debug Tool !

    C'mon guys cannot be that hard

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-15T22:40:42+00:00

    Apparently the tool is only reliable with XP and Vista.  Totally unreliable with Windows 7.  You would at least think that Microsoft would give some warning when you click the link but it was removed without warning and without redirect information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T01:08:48+00:00

    Why is it that the simplest question always receives irrelevant answers and boiled waffles?

    The link we are trying to reach is:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx

    The error message: HTTP 404

    with default redirect to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows/how-to#2TC=windows8

    So you see my friend, some smart web designer removed the link to a very useful piece of software.

    If you never saw that tool (very possible scenario, we cannot know it all), can you ask your NW techies, INFOSEC, Productivity Centre, et. al. to find it in a backup and restore the download link?

    Much Obliged :)

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-22T03:12:45+00:00

    . . . these links do not locate the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool" @ Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-23T02:24:41+00:00

    Indeed! I found that link in more than a forum, all referencing the tool. With much disappointment I found myself redirected to the Windows 8 home page as if nothing else counted. Curious, I went to see how many of my archived favourites are now ready for the trashcan and, alas, the good old microsoft redirect ids no longer work.

    I am not surprised after all. How many times have you followed a "find more details about the error" link from a windows error message only to get to a 404 or "Sorry, this is not the error you are looking for" MS web page?

    Ball...mers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments